Yanis Varoufakis is a Greek economist, academic and politician, who served as the Greek Minister of Finance from January to July 2015, when he resigned. Varoufakis was also a Syriza Member of the Hellenic Parliament (MP) for Athens B from January to September 2015. Since resigning his post he has become the figurehead of an international grassroots movement, speaking to audiences of thousands in cities across Britain, France, Germany,Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Italy,Singapore and Russia.
Born in Athens in 1961, he was for many years a professor of economics in Britain, Australia and the USA before he entered government. Hi is currently Professor of Economics at the University of Athens.
- And the Weak Suffer What They Must? Europe's crisis, America's economic future
- The Global Minotaur: America, the True Origins of the Financial Crisis and the Future of the World Economy
- Europe after the Minotaur: Greece and the Future of the Global Economy.
- Economic Indeterminacy: A personal encounter with the economists' most peculiar nemesis.
- Modern Political Economics: Making sense of the post-2008 world.
- Game Theory: Critical Perspectives.
- Foundations of Economics: A beginner's companion.
- Game Theory: A critical introduction.